If you have ever thought about the word rest in the Bible then you came to the right spot!
Bible Verses About Rest In The New Testament – The term rest in the Bible doesn’t just mean taking a nap or sleeping. There is another specific type of rest mentioned in the New Testament. God tells us to enter into His type of rest. However, that isn’t the only kind of rest mentioned. In this post, you will see all the verses in the New Testament with the word rest. (Hebrews 4:9-11)
Check out the verses below to see the different contexts and scenarios of how rest is used in the New Testament. You will also some quick facts about the word rest in the King James Bible New Testament.
Be encouraged and enter into God’s rest in Jesus name!
Table of Contents, Go To...
How Many Times Is Rest Mentioned In The New Testament KJV?
The word rest is found in 43 verses in the New Testament KJV Bible.
The word rest is mentioned 44 times in the New Testament KJV Bible.
|Books Of The Bible
In New Testament
|Verse or Verses||Mentions|
Verses With Rest In The New Testament KJV | Four Gospels
The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Matthew | The New Testament
- Matthew 11:28-29 (KJV) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
- Matthew 12:43 (KJV) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
- Matthew 26:45 (KJV) Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
- Matthew 27:49 (KJV) The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Mark | The New Testament
- Mark 6:31 (KJV) And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.
- Mark 14:41 (KJV) And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Luke | The New Testament
- Luke 10:6 (KJV) And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
- Luke 11:24 (KJV) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
- Luke 12:26 (KJV) If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
- Luke 24:9 (KJV) And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
The Word Rest In The Gospel Of John | The New Testament
- John 11:13 (KJV) Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Other Verses With Rest In The New Testament Bible KJV
The Word Rest In Acts | The New Testament
- Acts 2:26 (KJV) Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
- Acts 2:37 (KJV) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
- Acts 5:13 (KJV) And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.
- Acts 7:49 (KJV) Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
- Acts 9:31 (KJV) Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
- Acts 27:44 (KJV) And the rest, some on boards, and some on broken pieces of the ship. And so it came to pass, that they escaped all safe to land.
The Word Rest In Romans | The New Testament
- Romans 11:7 (KJV) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
The Word Rest In 1 Corinthians | The New Testament
- 1 Corinthians 7:12 (KJV) But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
- 1 Corinthians 11:34 (KJV) And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
The Word Rest In 2 Corinthians | The New Testament
- 2 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV) I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.
- 2 Corinthians 7:5 (KJV) For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
The Word Rest In 2 Thessalonians | The New Testament
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7 (KJV) And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
The Word Rest In Hebrews | The New Testament
- Hebrews 3:11 (KJV) So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
- Hebrews 3:18 (KJV) And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
- Hebrews 4:1 (KJV) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
- Hebrews 4:3-5 (KJV) For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
- Hebrews 4:8-11 (KJV) For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
The Word Rest In 1 Peter | The New Testament
- 1 Peter 4:2 (KJV) That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
The Word Rest In Revelation | The New Testament
- Revelation 2:24 (KJV) But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
- Revelation 4:8 (KJV) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
- Revelation 6:11 (KJV) And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
- Revelation 9:20 (KJV) And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
- Revelation 14:11 (KJV) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
- Revelation 14:13 (KJV) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
- Revelation 20:5 (KJV) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Bible Scripture Reference
- Bible Verses About Rest In The New Testament | KJV
- Hebrews 4:9-11
- How Many Times Is Rest Mentioned In The New Testament KJV?
- Verses With Rest In The New Testament KJV | Four Gospels
- The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Matthew | The New Testament
- Matthew 11:28-29
- Matthew 12:43
- Matthew 26:45
- Matthew 27:49
- The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Mark | The New Testament
- Mark 6:31
- Mark 14:41
- The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Luke | The New Testament
- Luke 10:6
- Luke 11:24
- Luke 12:26
- Luke 24:9
- The Word Rest In The Gospel Of John | The New Testament
- John 11:13
- The Word Rest In The Gospel Of Matthew | The New Testament
- Other Verses With Rest In The New Testament Bible KJV
- The Word Rest In Acts | The New Testament
- Acts 2:26
- Acts 2:37
- Acts 5:13
- Acts 7:49
- Acts 9:31
- Acts 27:44
- The Word Rest In Romans | The New Testament
- Romans 11:7
- The Word Rest In 1 Corinthians | The New Testament
- 1 Corinthians 7:12
- 1 Corinthians 11:34
- The Word Rest In 2 Corinthians | The New Testament
- 2 Corinthians 2:13
- 2 Corinthians 7:5
- 2 Corinthians 12:9
- The Word Rest In 2 Thessalonians | The New Testament
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7
- The Word Rest In Hebrews | The New Testament
- Hebrews 3:11
- Hebrews 3:18
- Hebrews 4:1
- Hebrews 4:3-5
- Hebrews 4:8-11
- The Word Rest In 1 Peter | The New Testament
- 1 Peter 4:2
- The Word Rest In Revelation | The New Testament
- Revelation 2:24
- Revelation 4:8
- Revelation 6:11
- Revelation 9:20
- Revelation 14:11
- Revelation 14:13
- Revelation 20:5
- The Word Rest In Acts | The New Testament
Be Blessed In Jesus Name
It’s my heart’s desire to be able to do ministry full time by the grace of God! It would be impossible without the Lord’s help but with God this is possible. Jesus freely gave and also had people who partnered with Him. By you partnering with the Lord Jesus Christ in this ministry it will help free up time for me to pour into resources to help the body of Christ! Here are some things I plan on doing to help the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
- Writing blog posts/books/Christian resources
- Create video-based content on various platforms/social media to help, teach, and encourage the body of Christ
- Create Christian-based applications/programs and possibly games
- And more! etc…
That being said perhaps you can’t donate at this moment but still want to support what God is doing in some way. If so you can bless this ministry by following JesusBelieverJD on any of the social media platforms or joining the newsletter. There is a lot of good news to be spread about Jesus and the Kingdom of God and it would be a tremendous blessing to this ministry if you’re able to share these resources continually with others!
✝️ Please Share This Ministry With Your Family, Friends, And Throughout Your Social Media Network Today. 🙏😌
👉 You Can Support What God Is Doing In This Ministry On Social Media By Giving Likes, Commenting, Inviting Others To Check Out The Content, And By Following! This Helps The Algorithm Get This Bible Based Content About Jesus To Others!
👉 Ask God About Donating/Giving Here And What You’re Able To Give/Sow Cheerfully! If You’re Unable To Give Cheerfully Here Then Please Take That Seed And Support Another Member Of The Body Of Christ Based On God’s Leading.
👉 Subscribe To The JesusBelieverJD Newsletter As Well To Stay Up To Date!
👉 Checkout The JesusBelieverJD Store!
👉 Thank You & Be Blessed In Jesus Name! 🙏 😌 👍 ✝️ 🙌
Spread The Good News By Sharing
Jesus was walking by two brothers which was Simon who is also known as Peter and Andrew. They were casting a net into the sea because they were fisherman and Jesus spoke this to them in Matthew 4:19…Matthew 4:19 (KJV) And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.What
In Matthew chapter 1 the scripture goes through the genealogy of Jesus Christ. This goes from Abraham all the way to Jesus. The generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations. The generations from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations. Also, from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen
The mind is the place where thoughts can come from above or beneath. So why does God tell the born again believer to set your affections on things above? God tells the believer to set their affection or mind on things above because He knows they are now risen with Christ seated in heavenly places.
There was a Gentile man in the Bible who was possessed by Legion. What is the significance of Jesus’s encounter with this man? When Jesus arrived at Gadarenes the man possessed by Legion ran to Jesus, bowed down, and worshipped Him. Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit which trembled in fear of God. Jesus asks him
Satan had no chance against the Lord Jesus Christ. The truth is Jesus already won and put the Devil underneath His feet. That being said, is the enemy under our feet as well? The only way for the serpent, Satan, to be put under a person’s feet is through the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus came
When most people hear the term falling in love they think of this from a natural standpoint. That being said I want to explain falling in love from a Biblical standpoint which you may not have heard before. So what does it mean to fall in love with God? The Bible defines love as God.