Have you ever thought about the phrase son of God in the Bible? The phrase Son of God is a reference that is used in the Bible. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to see and read all the verses with the phrase Son of God back to back? So how is the phrase Son of God used?
The Phrase Son of God Meaning – Son of God in simple terms means a Son of the only true God. Another way to say this is the Son of the supreme Divinity, God. The Greek verbiage in the New Testament is phrased as uihos theos. The Hebrew verbiage in The Old Testament is phrased as bar elahh. That being said Jesus Christ is the Son of the only true God!
Table of Contents, Go To...
Hebrew & Greek Definition For Son Of God | Strong's & Thayer's
Here are some examples of how the phrase Son of God is used in the Old Testament. This is the Hebrew definition according to the Strong’s Concordance. Please note that just because it’s spelled differently in English does not necessarily mean its different words in Hebrew and vice versa. Sometimes it can be different spelling and the same Hebrew words while other times it can be the same English spelling but different Hebrew words.
- Son of God [bar elahh] – This means a son or old son of God.
Here are some examples of how the phrase Son of God is used in the New Testament. This is the Greek definition according to the Strong’s Concordance/Thayer’s.
- Son of God [uihos theos] – This means a son, child, foal, of God, Godhead, the only true God.
Be encouraged and blessed by God as you read the scripture from the Bible with the phrase, Son of God. The Holy Spirit will begin to reveal the truth about the Son of God who is Jesus Christ!
Here are some brief facts about the phrase Son of God in the King James Bible. Enjoy and be blessed in Jesus name!
How Many Times Is The Phrase Son Of God Mentioned In The KJV Bible?
The phrase Son of God is found in 46 verses in the KJV Bible.
The phrase Son of God is mentioned in 47 verses in the KJV Bible.
|Books Of The Bible
With The Phrase
Son Of God
|Verse or Verses||Mentions|
Son Of God Bible Verses | Old Testament
The Phrase Son Of Man In Daniel | The Old Testament
- Daniel 3:25 (KJV) He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God [bar elahh].
Son Of God Bible Verses | New Testament
The Phrase Son Of God In Matthew | The New Testament
- Matthew 4:3 (KJV) And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God [uihos theos], command that these stones be made bread.
- Matthew 4:6 (KJV) And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God [uihos theos], cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Matthew 8:29 (KJV) And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God [uihos theos]? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
- Matthew 14:33 (KJV) Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God [uihos theos].
- Matthew 26:63 (KJV) But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God [uihos theos].
- Matthew 27:40 (KJV) And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God [uihos theos], come down from the cross.
- Matthew 27:43 (KJV) He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God [uihos theos].
- Matthew 27:54 (KJV) Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God [uihos theos].
The Phrase Son Of God In Mark | The New Testament
- Mark 1:1 (KJV) The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God [uihos theos];
- Mark 3:11 (KJV) And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God [uihos theos].
- Mark 15:39 (KJV) And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God [uihos theos].
The Phrase Son Of God In Luke | The New Testament
- Luke 1:35 (KJV) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God [uihos theos].
- Luke 4:3 (KJV) And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God [uihos theos], command this stone that it be made bread.
- Luke 4:9 (KJV) And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God [uihos theos], cast thyself down from hence:
- Luke 4:41 (KJV) And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God [uihos theos]. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.
- Luke 8:28 (KJV) When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God [uihos theos] most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
- Luke 22:70 (KJV) Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God [uihos theos]? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.
The Phrase Son Of God In John | The New Testament
- John 1:34 (KJV) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God [uihos theos].
- John 1:49 (KJV) Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God [uihos theos]; thou art the King of Israel.
- John 3:18 (KJV) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God [uihos theos].
- John 5:25 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God [uihos theos]: and they that hear shall live.
- John 9:35 (KJV) Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God [uihos theos]?
- John 10:36 (KJV) Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God [uihos theos]?
- John 11:4 (KJV) When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God [uihos theos] might be glorified thereby.
- John 11:27 (KJV) She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God [uihos theos], which should come into the world.
- John 19:7 (KJV) The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God [uihos theos].
- John 20:31 (KJV) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God [uihos theos]; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
The Phrase Son Of God In Acts | The New Testament
- Acts 8:37 (KJV) And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God [uihos theos].
- Acts 9:20 (KJV) And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God [uihos theos].
The Phrase Son Of Man In Romans | The New Testament
- Romans 1:4 (KJV) And declared to be the Son of God [uihos theos] with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
The Phrase Son Of God In 2 Corinthians | The New Testament
- 2 Corinthians 1:19 (KJV) For the Son of God [uihos theos], Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
The Phrase Son Of God In Galatians | The New Testament
- Galatians 2:20 (KJV) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God [uihos theos], who loved me, and gave himself for me.
The Phrase Son Of God In Ephesians | The New Testament
- Ephesians 4:13 (KJV) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God [uihos theos], unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
The Phrase Son Of God In Hebrews | The New Testament
- Hebrews 4:14 (KJV) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God [uihos theos], let us hold fast our profession.
- Hebrews 6:6 (KJV) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God [uihos theos] afresh, and put him to an open shame.
- Hebrews 7:3 (KJV) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God [uihos theos]; abideth a priest continually.
- Hebrews 10:29 (KJV) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God [uihos theos], and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
The Phrase Son Of God In 1 John | The New Testament
- 1 John 3:8 (KJV) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God [uihos theos] was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- 1 John 4:15 (KJV) Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God [uihos theos], God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
- 1 John 5:5 (KJV) Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God [uihos theos]?
- 1 John 5:10 (KJV) He that believeth on the Son of God [uihos theos] hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
- 1 John 5:12-13 (KJV) He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God [uihos theos] hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God [uihos theos]; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God [uihos theos].
The Phrase Son Of God In Revelation | The New Testament
- Revelation 2:18 (KJV) And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God [uihos theos], who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Bible Scripture Reference
- Son Of God Scriptures KJV | All Bible Verses & References
- How Many Times Is The Phrase Son Of God Mentioned In The KJV Bible?
- Son Of God Bible Verses | Old Testament
- The Phrase Son Of God In Daniel | The Old Testament
- Daniel 3:25
- Son Of God Bible Verses | New Testament
- The Phrase Son Of God In Matthew | The New Testament
- Matthew 4:3
- Matthew 4:6
- Matthew 8:29
- Matthew 14:33
- Matthew 26:63
- Matthew 27:40
- Matthew 27:43
- Matthew 27:54
- The Phrase Son Of God In Mark | The New Testament
- Mark 1:1
- Mark 3:11
- Mark 15:39
- The Phrase Son Of God In Luke | The New Testament
- Luke 1:35
- Luke 4:3
- Luke 4:9
- Luke 4:41
- Luke 8:28
- Luke 22:70
- The Phrase Son Of God In John | The New Testament
- John 1:34
- John 1:49
- John 3:18
- John 5:25
- John 9:35
- John 10:36
- John 11:4
- John 11:27
- John 19:7
- John 20:31
- The Phrase Son Of God In Acts | The New Testament
- Acts 8:37
- The Phrase Son Of God In Romas | The New Testament
- Romans 1:4
- The Phrase Son Of God In 2 Corinthians| The New Testament
- 2 Corinthians 1:19
- The Phrase Son Of God In Galatians| The New Testament
- Galatians 2:20
- The Phrase Son Of God In Ephesians| The New Testament
- Ephesians 4:13
- The Phrase Son Of God In Hebrews| The New Testament
- Hebrews 4:14
- Hebrews 6:6
- Hebrews 7:3
- Hebrews 10:29
- The Phrase Son Of God In 1 John| The New Testament
- 1 John 3:8
- 1 John 4:15
- 1 John 5:5
- 1 John 5:10
- 1 John 5:12-13
- 1 John 5:20
- The Phrase Son Of God In Revelation| The New Testament
- Revelation 2:18
- The Phrase Son Of God In Matthew | The New Testament
Be Blessed In Jesus Name
👉 You can support what God is doing in this ministry on social media by giving likes, commenting, inviting others to check out the content, and by following! This helps the algorithm get this Bible based content about Jesus to others!
👉 Ask God about giving here and what you’re able to give/sow cheerfully! If you’re unable to give cheerfully here. Then please take that seed and support another member of the body of Christ based on God’s leading.
👉 Subscribe to the JesusBelieverJD Newsletter as well to stay up to date!
👉 Checkout the JesusBelieverJD store!
👉 Thank you and be blessed in Jesus name! 🙏 😌 👍 ✝️ 🙌
Spread The Good News By Sharing
When a person is born again through Jesus Christ the old man passes away and they are created a brand new man in Christ. God now wants them to live according to everything Jesus accomplished for them. So what is putting off the old man and putting on the new man according to the bible?
In a portion of the Bible, it speaks about Paul’s thorn in the flesh and how he asked God for it to depart from him three times. The thorn didn’t necessarily depart but rather God’s grace and strength were sufficient for him. We should all be aware of what this thorn actually was according to
One day I heard my dad talk about Jesus coming to fix the brokenhearted. At that moment the Holy Spirit breathed upon what was said and I suddenly understood this revelation from a fresh perspective according to the Bible. What does it mean Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted? At the fall of man, the
Proverbs 11:29 seems like a short mini parable at first glance but this verse is filled with so much secrets that only those who seek will find! So what exactly does Proverbs 11:29 mean when it says, “He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the
Every person after the fall of man is born in this earth with the sin nature. (Except for Jesus of course) Therefore they are a slave to sin and bound by the fear of death. God loved the world so much that He came up with a solution to get rid of sin and get
Jesus jumps right into action with miracles, signs and wonders in the book of Mark in the Bible. That being said have you ever wondered what Jesus said specifically in red verse after verse in the book of mark? What is every red scripture that Jesus said in the Gospel of Mark American Standard Version Bible? Jesus