Have you ever wondered about all that Jesus had to say in the Gospel of Luke? Well, your wondering led you to the right place!
What is every red letter word and scriptures of Jesus in the book of Luke? Jesus only spoke the truth throughout the Bible. In this post, I put all the red letter words and scriptures Jesus said from the Gospel of Luke. These red verses are from the KJV translation. Take some time and enjoy the words straight from Jesus.
Get ready for a spiritual meal that only Jesus Himself could prepare for you! Now enjoy all the good news Jesus spread throughout the Gospel of Luke!
Table of Contents, Go To...
The Red Letter Words Of Jesus In The Gospel Of Luke
The Boy Jesus in the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 2:49 (KJV) And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?
The Temptation of Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:4 (KJV) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
- Luke 4:8 (KJV) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
- Luke 4:12 (KJV) And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Jesus Rejected at Nazareth | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:18-19 (KJV) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
- Luke 4:21 (KJV) And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
- Luke 4:23-27 (KJV) And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country. 24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country. 25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; 26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. 27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
Jesus Heals a Man with an Unclean Demon | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:35 (KJV) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.
Jesus Heals Many | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:43 (KJV) And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
Jesus Calls the First Disciples | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:4 (KJV) Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
- Luke 5:10 (KJV) And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.
Jesus Cleanses a Leper | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:13-14 (KJV) And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him. 14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
Jesus Heals a Paralytic | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:20 (KJV) And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
- Luke 5:22-24 (KJV) But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts? 23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? 24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.
Jesus Calls Levi | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:27 (KJV) And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.
- Luke 5:31-32 (KJV) And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
A Question About Fasting | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:34-39 (KJV) And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? 35 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days. 36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old. 37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. 38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. 39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.
Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:3-5 (KJV) And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him; 4 How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone? 5 And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
A Man with a Withered Hand | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:8-10 (KJV) But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth. 9 Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it? 10 And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
The Beatitudes | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:20-23 (KJV) And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. 23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
Jesus Pronounces Woes | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:24-26 (KJV) But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. 25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. 26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
Love Your Enemies | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:27-36 (KJV) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
Judging Others | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:37-42 (KJV) Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. 39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
A Tree and Its Fruit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:43-45 (KJV) For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Build Your House on the Rock | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:46-49 (KJV) And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Jesus Heals a Centurion's Servant | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:9 (KJV) When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
Jesus Raises a Widow's Son | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:13-14 (KJV) And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. 14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
Messengers from John the Baptist | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:22-28 (KJV) Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached. 23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. 24 And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind? 25 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings’ courts. 26 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet. 27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
- Luke 7:31-35 (KJV) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? 32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept. 33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. 34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! 35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.
A Sinful Woman Forgiven | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:40-48 (KJV) And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on. 41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? 43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. 44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
- Luke 7:50 (KJV) And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
The Purpose of the Parables | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:5-8 (KJV) A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. 6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. 8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
The Purpose of the Parables | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:10-15 (KJV) And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
A Lamp Under a Jar | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:16-18 (KJV) No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light. 17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. 18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.
Jesus' Mother and Brothers | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:21 (KJV) And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
Jesus Calms a Storm | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:22 (KJV) Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth.
- Luke 8:25 (KJV) And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
Jesus Heals a Man with a Demon | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:30 (KJV) And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
- Luke 8:39 (KJV) Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.
Jesus Heals a Woman and Jairus's Daughter | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:45-46 (KJV) And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
- Luke 8:48 (KJV) And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
- Luke 8:50 (KJV) But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
- Luke 8:52 (KJV) And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.
- Luke 8:54 (KJV) And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise.
Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:3-5 (KJV) And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. 4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. 5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:13-14 (KJV) But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people. 14 For they were about five thousand men. And he said to his disciples, Make them sit down by fifties in a company.
Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:18 (KJV) And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples were with him: and he asked them, saying, Whom say the people that I am?
- Luke 9:20 (KJV) He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.
Jesus Foretells His Death | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:22 (KJV) Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:23-27 (KJV) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? 26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels. 27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Jesus Heals a Boy with an Unclean Spirit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:41 (KJV) And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
Jesus Again Foretells His Death | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:44 (KJV) Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.
Who Is the Greatest? | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:48 (KJV) And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.
Anyone Not Against Us Is For Us | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:50 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
A Samaritan Village Rejects Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:55-56 (KJV) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
The Cost of Following Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:58-60 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. 59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
- Luke 9:62 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:2-12 (KJV) Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. 3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. 4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. 5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. 6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again. 7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. 8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: 9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
Woe to Unrepentant Cities | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:13-16 (KJV) Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
The Return of the Seventy-Two | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:18-20 (KJV) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Jesus Rejoices in the Father's Will | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:21-24 (KJV) In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. 22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. 23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see: 24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
The Parable of the Good Samaritan | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:26 (KJV) He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
- Luke 10:28 (KJV) And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
- Luke 10:30-37 (KJV) And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, 34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. 36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? 37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Martha and Mary | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:41-42 (KJV) And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
The Lord's Prayer | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:2-13 (KJV) And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3 Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. 5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? 7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. 8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. 9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Jesus and Beelzebul | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:17-23 (KJV) But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. 18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. 19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges. 20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: 22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. 23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
Return of an Unclean Spirit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:24-26 (KJV) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
True Blessedness | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:28 (KJV) But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
The Sign of Jonah | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:29-32 (KJV) And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. 30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation. 31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here. 32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
The Light in You | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:33-36 (KJV) No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light. 34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. 35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. 36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.
Woes to the Pharisees and Lawyers | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:39-44 (KJV) And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness. 40 Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also? 41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you. 42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 43 Woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets. 44 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.
- Luke 11:46-52 (KJV) And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. 47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres. 49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: 50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; 51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation. 52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:1-3 (KJV) In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. 3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
Have No Fear | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:4-7 (KJV) And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Acknowledge Christ Before Men | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:8-12 (KJV) Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. 10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. 11 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: 12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.
The Parable of the Rich Fool | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:14-21 (KJV) And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? 15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
Do Not Be Anxious | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:22-34 (KJV) And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. 24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? 25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? 29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. 31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. 32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. 34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
You Must Be Ready | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:35-40 (KJV) Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; 36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. 38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. 40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
- Luke 12:42-48 (KJV) And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Not Peace, but Division | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:49-53 (KJV) I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! 51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Interpreting the Time | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:54-56 (KJV) And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is. 55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass. 56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?
Settle with Your Accuser | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:57-59 (KJV) Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right? 58 When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and the officer cast thee into prison. 59 I tell thee, thou shalt not depart thence, till thou hast paid the very last mite.
Repent or Perish | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:2-5 (KJV) And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:6-9 (KJV) He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
A Woman with a Disabling Spirit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:12 (KJV) And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.
- Luke 13:15-16 (KJV) The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering? 16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
The Mustard Seed and the Leaven | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:18-21 (KJV) Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it? 19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it. 20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? 21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
The Narrow Door | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:24-30 (KJV) Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.
Lament over Jerusalem | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:32-35 (KJV) And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Healing of a Man on the Sabbath | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:3 (KJV) And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?
- Luke 14:5 (KJV) And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
The Parable of the Wedding Feast | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:8-11 (KJV) When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; 9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. 10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. 11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
The Parable of the Great Banquet | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:12-14 (KJV) Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee. 13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: 14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
- Luke 14:16-24 (KJV) Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.
The Cost of Discipleship | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:26-33 (KJV) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Salt Without Taste Is Worthless | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:34-35 (KJV) Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? 35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
The Parable of the Lost Sheep | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 15:4-7 (KJV) What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
The Parable of the Lost Coin | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 15:8-10 (KJV) Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? 9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
The Parable of the Prodigal Son | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 15:11-29 (KJV) And he said, A certain man had two sons: 12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. 13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. 14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. 15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. 17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. 20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry. 25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. 26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. 27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. 28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. 29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: 30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. 31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. 32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
The Parable of the Dishonest Manager | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:1-13 (KJV) And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods. 2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. 3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. 4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses. 5 So he called every one of his lord’s debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord? 6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty. 7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore. 8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. 9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations. 10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s, who shall give you that which is your own? 13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
The Law and the Kingdom of God | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:15-17 (KJV) And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. 17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Divorce and Remarriage | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:18 (KJV) Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
The Rich Man and Lazarus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Temptations to Sin | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:1-4 (KJV) Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! 2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
Increase Our Faith | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:6 (KJV) And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Unworthy Servants | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:7-10 (KJV) But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? 8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? 9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:14 (KJV) And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
- Luke 17:17-19 (KJV) And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
The Coming of the Kingdom | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:20-37 (KJV) And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. 22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
The Parable of the Persistent Widow | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:2-8 (KJV) Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
The Pharisee and the Tax Collector | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:10-14 (KJV) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Let the Children Come to Me | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:16-17 (KJV) But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
The Rich Ruler | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:19-20 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Luke 18:22 (KJV) Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
- Luke 18:24-25 (KJV) And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
- Luke 18:27 (KJV) And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
- Luke 18:29-30 (KJV) And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake, 30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.
Jesus Foretells His Death a Third Time | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:31-33 (KJV) Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
Jesus Heals a Blind Beggar | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:41-42 (KJV) Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. 42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
Jesus and Zacchaeus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:5 (KJV) And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
- Luke 19:9-10 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
The Parable of the Ten Minas | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:12-27 (KJV) He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
The Triumphal Entry | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:30-31 (KJV) Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither. 31 And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him.
- Luke 19:40 (KJV) And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
Jesus Weeps over Jerusalem | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:42-44 (KJV) Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
Jesus Cleanses the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:46 (KJV) Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
The Authority of Jesus Challenged | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:3-4 (KJV) And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me: 4 The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?
- Luke 20:8 (KJV) And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.
The Parable of the Wicked Tenants | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:9-18 (KJV) Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time. 10 And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty. 11 And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty. 12 And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out. 13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him. 14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. 15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them? 16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid. 17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? 18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Paying Taxes to Caesar | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:23-24 (KJV) But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me? 24 Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar’s.
- Luke 20:25 (KJV) And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar’s, and unto God the things which be God’s.
Sadducees Ask About the Resurrection | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:34-38 (KJV) And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
Whose Son Is the Christ? | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:41-44 (KJV) And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David’s son? 42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. 44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?
Beware of the Scribes | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:46-47 (KJV) Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; 47 Which devour widows’ houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.
The Widow's Offering | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:3-4 (KJV) And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: 4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.
Jesus Foretells Destruction of the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:6 (KJV) As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
- Luke 21:8-9 (KJV) And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. 9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
Jesus Foretells Wars and Persecution | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:10-19 (KJV) Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: 11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. 12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake. 13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake. 18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:20-24 (KJV) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
The Coming of the Son of Man | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:25-28 (KJV) And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
The Lesson of the Fig Tree | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:29-33 (KJV) And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; 30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. 31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. 32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Watch Yourselves | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:34-36 (KJV) And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
The Passover with the Disciples | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:8 (KJV) And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
- Luke 22:10-12 (KJV) And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. 11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? 12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
Institution of the Lord's Supper | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:15-22 (KJV) And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. 21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table. 22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!
Who Is the Greatest? | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:25-36 (KJV) And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. 27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth. 28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. 29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Jesus Foretells Peter's Denial | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:31-32 (KJV) And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
- Luke 22:34 (KJV) And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
Scripture Must Be Fulfilled in Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:35-38 (KJV) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:40 (KJV) And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
- Luke 22:42 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
- Luke 22:46 (KJV) And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
Betrayal and Arrest of Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:48 (KJV) But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?
- Luke 22:51-53 (KJV) And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him. 52 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves? 53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.
Peter Denies Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:61 (KJV) And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Jesus Before the Council | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:67-70 (KJV) Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe: 68 And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go. 69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. 70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.
Jesus Before Pilate | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 23:3 (KJV) And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.
The Crucifixion | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 23:28-31 (KJV) But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. 30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. 31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?
- Luke 23:34 (KJV) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
- Luke 23:43 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
The Death of Jesus| Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 23:46 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
On the Road to Emmaus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 24:17 (KJV) And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
- Luke 24:19 (KJV) And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
- Luke 24:25-26 (KJV) Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Jesus Appears to His Disciples | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 24:36 (KJV) And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
- Luke 24:38-39 (KJV) And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
- Luke 24:41 (KJV) And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
- Luke 24:44 (KJV) And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
- Luke 24:46-49 (KJV) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
I hope you enjoyed all Jesus said in the Gospel of Luke!
Bible Scripture Reference
- The Red Letter Scriptures of Jesus in Luke (KJV)
- The Red Letter Words Of Jesus In The Gospel Of Luke
- The Boy Jesus in the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 2:49
- The Temptation of Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:4
- Luke 4:8
- Luke 4:12
- Jesus Rejected at Nazareth | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:18-19
- Luke 4:21
- Luke 4:23-27
- Jesus Heals a Man with an Unclean Demon | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:35
- Jesus Heals Many | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 4:43
- Jesus Calls the First Disciples | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:4
- Luke 5:10
- Jesus Cleanses a Leper | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:13-14
- Jesus Heals a Paralytic | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:20
- Luke 5:22-24
- Jesus Calls Levi | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:27
- A Question About Fasting | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 5:34-39
- Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:3-5
- A Man with a Withered Hand | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:8-10
- The Beatitudes | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:20-23
- Jesus Pronounces Woes | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:24-26
- Love Your Enemies | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:27-36
- Judging Others | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:37-42
- A Tree and Its Fruit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:43-45
- Build Your House on the Rock | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 6:46-49
- Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:9
- Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:13-14
- Messengers from John the Baptist | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:22-28
- Luke 7:31-35
- A Sinful Woman Forgiven | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 7:40-48
- Luke 7:50
- The Parable of the Sower | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:5-8
- The Purpose of the Parables | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:10-15
- A Lamp Under a Jar | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:16-18
- Jesus’ Mother and Brothers | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:21
- Jesus Calms a Storm | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:22
- Luke 8:25
- Jesus Heals a Man with a Demon | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:30
- Luke 8:39
- Jesus Heals a Woman and Jairus’s Daughter | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 8:45-46
- Luke 8:48
- Luke 8:50
- Luke 8:52
- Luke 8:54
- Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:3-5
- Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:13-14
- Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:18
- Luke 9:20
- Jesus Foretells His Death | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:22
- Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:23-27
- Jesus Heals a Boy with an Unclean Spirit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:41
- Jesus Again Foretells His Death | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:44
- Who Is the Greatest? | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:48
- Anyone Not Against Us Is For Us | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:50
- A Samaritan Village Rejects Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:55-56
- The Cost of Following Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 9:58-60
- Luke 9:62
- Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:2-12
- Woe to Unrepentant Cities | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:13-16
- The Return of the Seventy-Two | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:18-20
- Jesus Rejoices in the Father’s Will | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:21-24
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:26
- Luke 10:28
- Luke 10:30-37
- Martha and Mary | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 10:41-42
- The Lord’s Prayer | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:2-13
- Jesus and Beelzebul | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:17-23
- Return of an Unclean Spirit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:24-26
- True Blessedness | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:28
- The Sign of Jonah | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:29-32
- The Light in You | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:33-36
- Woes to the Pharisees and Lawyers | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 11:39-44
- Luke 11:46-52
- Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:1-3
- Have No Fear | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:4-7
- Acknowledge Christ Before Men | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:8-12
- The Parable of the Rich Fool | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:14-21
- Do Not Be Anxious | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:22-34
- You Must Be Ready | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:35-40
- Luke 12:42-48
- Not Peace, but Division | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:49-53
- Interpreting the Time | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:54-56
- Settle with Your Accuser | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 12:57-59
- Repent or Perish | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:2-5
- The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:6-9
- A Woman with a Disabling Spirit | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:12
- Luke 13:15-16
- The Mustard Seed and the Leaven | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:18-21
- The Narrow Door | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:24-30
- Lament over Jerusalem | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 13:32-35
- Healing of a Man on the Sabbath | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:3
- Luke 14:5
- The Parable of the Wedding Feast | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:8-11
- The Parable of the Great Banquet | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:12-14
- Luke 14:16-24
- The Cost of Discipleship | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:26-33
- Salt Without Taste Is Worthless | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 14:34-35
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 15:4-7
- The Parable of the Lost Coin | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 15:8-10
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 15:11-29
- The Parable of the Dishonest Manager | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:1-13
- The Law and the Kingdom of God | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:15-17
- Divorce and Remarriage | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:18
- The Rich Man and Lazarus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 16:19-31
- Temptations to Sin | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:1-4
- Increase Our Faith | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:6
- Unworthy Servants | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:7-10
- Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:14
- Luke 17:17-19
- The Coming of the Kingdom | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 17:20-37
- The Parable of the Persistent Widow | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:2-8
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:10-14
- Let the Children Come to Me | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:16-17
- The Rich Ruler | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:19-20
- Luke 18:22
- Luke 18:24-25
- Luke 18:27
- Luke 18:29-30
- Jesus Foretells His Death a Third Time | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:31-33
- Jesus Heals a Blind Beggar | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 18:41-42
- Jesus and Zacchaeus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:5
- Luke 19:9-10
- The Parable of the Ten Minas | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:12-27
- The Triumphal Entry | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:30-31
- Luke 19:40
- Jesus Weeps over Jerusalem | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:42-44
- Jesus Cleanses the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 19:46
- The Authority of Jesus Challenged | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:3-4
- Luke 20:8
- The Parable of the Wicked Tenants | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:9-18
- Paying Taxes to Caesar | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:23-24
- Luke 20:25
- Sadducees Ask About the Resurrection | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:34-38
- Whose Son Is the Christ? | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:41-44
- Beware of the Scribes | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 20:46-47
- The Widow’s Offering | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:3-4
- Jesus Foretells Destruction of the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:6
- Luke 21:8-9
- Jesus Foretells Wars and Persecution | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:10-19
- Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:20-24
- The Coming of the Son of Man | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:25-28
- The Lesson of the Fig Tree | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 21:29-33
- Watch Yourselves | Red Words Of Jesus
- The Passover with the Disciples | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:8
- Luke 22:10-12
- Institution of the Lord’s Supper | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:15-22
- Who Is the Greatest? | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:25-36
- Jesus Foretells Peter’s Denial | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:31-32
- Luke 22:34
- Scripture Must Be Fulfilled in Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:35-38
- Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:40
- Luke 22:42
- Luke 22:46
- Betrayal and Arrest of Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:48
- Luke 22:51-53
- Peter Denies Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:61
- Jesus Before the Council | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:67-70
- Jesus Before Pilate | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 22:3
- The Crucifixion | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 23:28-31
- Luke 23:34
- Luke 23:43
- The Death of Jesus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 23:46
- On the Road to Emmaus | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 24:17
- Luke 24:19
- Luke 24:25-26
- Jesus Appears to His Disciples | Red Words Of Jesus
- Luke 24:36
- Luke 24:38-39
- Luke 24:41
- Luke 24:44
- Luke 24:46-49
- The Boy Jesus in the Temple | Red Words Of Jesus
- The Red Letter Words Of Jesus In The Gospel Of Luke
Be Blessed In Jesus Name
It’s my heart’s desire to be able to do ministry full time by the grace of God! It would be impossible without the Lord’s help but with God this is possible. Jesus freely gave and also had people who partnered with Him. By you partnering with the Lord Jesus Christ in this ministry it will help free up time for me to pour into resources to help the body of Christ! Here are some things I plan on doing to help the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
- Writing blog posts/books/Christian resources
- Create video-based content on various platforms/social media to help, teach, and encourage the body of Christ
- Create Christian-based applications/programs and possibly games
- And more! etc…
That being said perhaps you can’t donate at this moment but still want to support what God is doing in some way. If so you can bless this ministry by following JesusBelieverJD on any of the social media platforms or joining the newsletter. There is a lot of good news to be spread about Jesus and the Kingdom of God and it would be a tremendous blessing to this ministry if you’re able to share these resources continually with others!
✝️ Please Share This Ministry With Your Family, Friends, And Throughout Your Social Media Network Today. 🙏😌
👉 You Can Support What God Is Doing In This Ministry On Social Media By Giving Likes, Commenting, Inviting Others To Check Out The Content, And By Following! This Helps The Algorithm Get This Bible Based Content About Jesus To Others!
👉 Ask God About Donating/Giving Here And What You’re Able To Give/Sow Cheerfully! If You’re Unable To Give Cheerfully Here Then Please Take That Seed And Support Another Member Of The Body Of Christ Based On God’s Leading.
👉 Subscribe To The JesusBelieverJD Newsletter As Well To Stay Up To Date!
👉 Checkout The JesusBelieverJD Store!
👉 Thank You & Be Blessed In Jesus Name! 🙏 😌 👍 ✝️ 🙌
Spread The Good News By Sharing
There was a Gentile man in the Bible who was possessed by Legion. What is the significance of Jesus’s encounter with this man? When Jesus arrived at Gadarenes the man possessed by Legion ran to Jesus, bowed down, and worshipped Him. Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit which trembled in fear of God. Jesus asks him
Satan had no chance against the Lord Jesus Christ. The truth is Jesus already won and put the Devil underneath His feet. That being said, is the enemy under our feet as well? The only way for the serpent, Satan, to be put under a person’s feet is through the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus came
When most people hear the term falling in love they think of this from a natural standpoint. That being said I want to explain falling in love from a Biblical standpoint which you may not have heard before. So what does it mean to fall in love with God? The Bible defines love as God.
When it comes to the topic of God’s will in regard to healing a lot of people wonder. Especially if they are in need of physical healing themself. Some read the Bible and see what it says but then question what is written because of something else they see in the world. So is it
Have you ever wanted to read everything Jesus said in the Gospel of Luke in the American Standard Version? This is everything Jesus said in red in the ASV Bible version. Jesus is The Truth and His words are Spirit and life. In this post, I put all the red verses Jesus spoke in the
The Bible mentions some very interesting stuff about the face of God in reference to man. Moses was told that he could not see God’s face because no man shall see Him and live. No man can see the face of God and live means that the moment a person sees Jesus for who He